Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Internship Hunt - Act II Scene I [ITC : Cigarettes]

Previously : Act I Scene II [HUL : Restraint]

"Yaar, Its already six. Hurry Up!" - Amit shouted.
"Coming, just a second."
After tying my shoe laces, I sprayed some deo, looked inside my folder. Everything was there - a pen , few torn sheets of paper, a hardcopy of my resume. Amit was waiting for me on his bicycle. I locked my room and rushed to mount on his carrier.
On our way to the Lecture Hall Complex we were cursing HUL which had come to our campus before and hoped this time we would make it through, afterall it was the next best industrial internship open for our department.
There was a huge rush in L-17. It was a internship-cum-placement talk. The entire lecture hall was packed to the last seat. I was holding a bookmarked Revolution 2020. Took the corner-most seat and continued reading my book. Back in my mind I was sure I wouldn't make it through the GD again.
The PPT started. HR officials introduced few IITK passouts currently working in the company laying emphasis on the fact that they are leading a 'happy' life . To cut it short the PPT wasn't about soap or food manufacturing, but all about "cigarettes". They took pride in making those sticks and why shouldn't they? After all they are providing benefits to so many farmers. With their programs such as e-Choupal I surely started respecting this company.
Who knows whether it is just for publicity?
Is it that well implemented ?
But surely it is a step forward.
What's the point of profit worth billions if you don't give something back to the society.

Up Next    : Act II Scene II [ITC : Fire]

1 comment:

  1. That is really [url=http://pandoracharmsukmart.co.uk]pandora charms[/url] interesting, You're an overly skilled blogger. [url=http://pandoracharmsukmart.co.uk]pandora charms sale[/url] ,I have joined your rss feed and stay up for in the hunt for more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment will be sent for moderation.